For seven years in a row, Nišville jazz festival has had the status of 'the festival of jazz and volunteers'. Unfortunately, because of the financial problems, the number of volunteers for Nišville 2016 will be reduced from 400 to 300. Starting from 2010, more than 2000 volunteers have participated in the organization of the festival.
At the forecoming Nisville jazz festival there will be 400 volunteers placed in 12 sectors:
1. Assistant Team Leader – Performs the activities of helping the team leaders of a sector;
2. Audience Host – Performs activities inside the festival area including the reception of the audience, ticket inspection, directing and accompanying the audience to their seats;
3. Musicians Host – Performs activities including reception of the musicians and accompanying them in and out the festival area;
4. Ladybug – Performs the activities of the host to invitees and are connected to the welcoming of the guests in the VIP sector, including helping out and giving support, when needed. The ladybug is the trademark of the volunteers;
5. The Bee – Performs activities related to the realization of protocols during the main and supporting events of the festival, beginning with the welcoming and handing out gifts to handing out festival awards. The bee is the trademark of the volunteers;
6. Marketing – Performs the activities including the advertising of the festival, such as the setting of advertisements or preparing the advertising gifts at the marketing stands and the activities related to commercial journeys;
7. Press – Performs the activities concerning the organization and realization of the press service of the festival;
8. Technical support – Performs the activities concerning the support of the preparation of the stages at the central festival area;
9. Logistics – Performs activities related to the support and realization of the supporting festival program;
10. Catering service – Performs the activities concerning taking care of food/drinks of all the festival participants;
11. Workshop – Performs the activities concerning the organization of space and participants of the festivals’ workshops as well as the supporting educational matinee program;
12. Security – Performs the activities concerning the support to the festival security within the festival area.
If you want to apply for the Nisville volunteer program it is necessary to be minimum 15 years old and to be ready for responsible fulfillment of the taken obligations and duties. Volunteer program lasts from 7th to 17th of August 2015, the work is organized in shifts by all the rules of volunteering management and according to Law on Volunteering of Republic of Serbia.
You can apply online by:
1. Downloading the form at HERE
2. Filling in the form and
Late and incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Candidates who enter the shortlist will be contacted exclusively by email for an interview 7 days after the closing of the contest.
Interviews will be organized in the second half of July.
Volunteers sector is coordinated by Tijana Cvetanović.
To watch the movie documentary about Nisville volunteers, click on the
Welcome to Nisville 2016.