Nisville volunteers team 2018
Registration of volunteers -by July 6th
Be part of the biggest volunteer event in south Serbia – join us in celebrating the pre-jubilee 9 th year of Nišville’s volunteer programme!
Nišville Jazz Festival will continue its tradition of giving young people the opportunity to give their contribution to one of the most significant cultural events in Serbia all the while enjoying themselves and spending their summer in a productive and fun way.
300 youngsters are going to spend 11 days participating in the volunteer’s programme, collecting
invaluable experiences and making new friends.
Over 3000 young people have taken part in Nišville’s volunteer’s programme since 2010. forth.
These people come from over 120 different cities both Serbian and foreign. In 2012. the team has
been honored by a token with Constantine The Great’s image for extraordinary voluntary
contribution to promotion and development of culture in this area.
Even the performers were charmed by volunteers. Many domestic and foreign names of the Jazz
scene have complimented volunteers. A number of media services have, also both foreign and
domestic, have reported about Nišville’s volunteers. A renowned Serbian musician Miša Blam
has deemed the volunteers a trademark for the festival.
Nišville Jazz Volunteers have become a distinctive symbol of activism and solidarity. We are
hereby inviting all interested volunteers from around the world to apply for the volunteers and
contribute to the festival and become part of its huge story.
The volunteers are placed into 12 teams:
- 1. Assistant Team Leader – Participates in managing an entrusted team and assists the team
leader in his activities
- 2. Audience Host – Welcomes the audience and directs people to their seats. Checks audience
tickets and controls the entrance to the festival grounds;
- 3. Musicians Host – Works with musicians during their stay in Niš. A musician host’s task is to
be there for his/her musicians, provide them with what they might require and escort them to the
festival grounds, their accommodation, etc;
- 4. Ladybug – Looks after guests of the festival, hosts people in the VIP lounge and provides
them with assistance if necessary. The Ladybug is the trademark of the volunteers;
- 5. The Bee – Performs activities related to the realization of protocols during the main and
supporting events of the festival, from welcoming guests and handing out gifts to handing out
festival awards. The bee is the trademark of the volunteers;
- 6. Marketing – Performs activities such as advertising the festival, setting up advertisements or
preparing gift shop stands and activities related to promotional journeys;
- 7. Press – Keeps the press center up and running. Manages the volunteer blog and social media
- 8. Technical support – Provides support in setting the stage up and helping performers with their
- 9. Logistics – Provides support in setting up and executing the Festival’s extra programme;
- 10. Catering service – Handles refreshments and food for all the Festival’s participants;
- 11. Workshop – Participates in organizing the workshop programme. Helps with setting up and
managing the workshop venue and participants, as well as the educational matinee programme;
- 12. Security – Helps hired security services in handling security on the Festival venues
All candidates must be at least 15 years of age and read and willing to take on responsibilities
during the programme. The volunteersship lasts from the 2 nd of August until the 14 th August 2018.
Volunteers work in shifts and everything is accustomed to the rules of volunteers management,
and according to The Volunteer’s Law of The Republic of Serbia. The call, as well as the
application form, are open until midnight on the 6 th of July.
Applying is done via an online platform on this address: http://volunteers.nisville.com/#/en
All questions and potential problems while applying can be sent via e-mail to this address: